Monday, August 1, 2011

My first entry in a blog challenge...

I have no idea how to take a good photo, how to clean it up in Photoshop or most of anything that I'm trying to do, but I have to take the leap and enter a challenge - so this is it!
(Please forgive the photos - I'll learn...)


This week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is * Tags * This tag is perfect for a gift bag or package containing a hand-crafted gift and was inspired by the beautiful Graphic45 paper and the Tim Holtz Alterations die - what a combination! The dress form is colored using Distress Stain on Grunge Board - the result feels and looks almost like suede.


Thank you for stopping by. I have included the details below.
(My first challenge posted - YAY!!!)

(breathe...)   It just took a little Leap of Faith...

Papers: Graphic 45 "Happy Homemaker" (Domestic Goddess collection), Grunge Board
         scraps of Ivory and Kraft cardstock
Dies: Tim Holtz Alterations "Sewing Room", Movers & Shapers "Mini Baroque"
         Spellbinders Lacy Circles and Stardard Circles
Stamps: Stampabilities "Uniquely Handmade" (front)
          Stamper's Anonymous "Flourish 1" (back)
Ink, Paint and Stain: Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo Distress Stains
          Black acrylic paint
From my bins: Black satin ribbon, various vintage buttons, old tailor's measuring tape, black embroidery floss

11 comments:

  1. Great tag and perfect use of the dress form! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my place and leaving a comment. I'd say for a first time with photoshop you did great. The learning curve is steep but once you get it it's so much fun. Your tag is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag! You did a great job of posting for a newbie! I'm still a newbie, as I started my blog this year too! Thanks for your kind comments and hope to see you again in the blog challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you sure did an amazing first challenge piece! Love your tag and of course you used the dress form so perfectly! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am a new follower to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning tag Faith! The first of many challenges I hope! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great. I actually thought it was fabric until I read it was grungeboard.
    Thanks for entering Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge---Renee, Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Faith, this is a fabulous tag. The G45 paper, the die and the colours combined with your terrific style has combined to produce a tag more than worthy of your first challenge. Way to go girl, let's see what comes next.
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, such a lovely vintage feel. I have that dress form die on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag! Love the dressform on it! Fabulous job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful tag with great details. Love this sewing room die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is great! Really elegant and classy vintage tag. Love the red dress form. Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. Xx

    ReplyDelete